Filled with wholesome ingredients, there’s no need to go through summer at the barre without a nutrient rich, superfood-filled Berry Crisp treat. You can show up for your workouts to burn off this guiltless dessert!
Your body wants real food. Real, nature-given food that it can work with, break down and burn fat with. You’ll find the ingredients in this dessert recipe from our fitness community to be anti-oxidant, and Omega-3 rich, with immune boosting and fat-burning qualities just to name a few. Of course, eat what your body needs and don’t over-indulge.
Here’s what you need for 10 servings:
- 3 cups fresh berries
- 1 omega-3 egg
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond meal
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar OR 1/4 cup coconut crystals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a pie pan or 8″x8″ glass pan with coconut oil.
- Pour the berries into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl combine the egg, almond meal, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and agave nectar (or coconut crystals).
- Crumble the almond flour mixture by hand evenly over the berries.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
* Top with some plain Greek yogurt mixed with coconut crystals.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 164 calories, 11g fat, 13mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 5g protein.
P.S. If it’s been too long or you haven’t had a chance to try our Passion Barre classes yet, we’d love to host you. Freedom and the sweet after burn has been spreading like a wildfire since we introduced Rancho Cucamonga to the barre! Your first trial class is only $15, or you have the option to try 3 Classes for $30 – and we’ll be donating a portion of that to our partners who rescue women and children from human trafficking, so click here to reserve.
In Southern California, we serve Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Fontana, Ontario, Claremont, Montclair, Corona, Eastvale, Mira Loma, Riverside, Pomona and other surrounding cities. See you at the Barre.