If you haven’t been in for a while and need a jump to restart. Or you’ve been dipping in and out on the barre, meaning to really get your feet soaked ;)- here is a sweet 21 Days Till Summer Transform-ACTion Series I’ll be sharing from around my network to get you ready for the sun!
See below, and here’s to a longer, leaner, stronger you, AND looking great in the heat!
21 Days Till Summer
1. Heal & Zap Cellulite with Bone Broth!
What is this thing I’ve been raving about- especially concerning healing our body’s cellular structure? Bone Broth It’s a soup based food traditionally made by simply boiling bones from beef, chicken, fish, etc. in water and adding spices, herbs, vegetables, and acid (such as Apple Cider Vinegar). The broth is then left to boil for about 48 hours!.
Not only easy to make, bone broth is one of the best healing foods around! Many, however, don’t realize it’s incredible benefits what it does for our bodies.
Now, the soup’s content may not sound yummy to you, but there are real, life and health enhancing reasons you should certainly try it if you haven’t yet. According to Alicia Streger:
- Broth is a great source of amino acids, needed for collagen production, that rejuvenates our cellular structure, keeping our skin healthy, smooth, firm and reduces wrinkles and cellulite (outward healing starts from the inside)!
- Gelatin in bone broth helps strengthen hair and nails, speed their growth, and also enhances nutrient absorption.
- It also contains glucosamine, chondroitin sulphates and other compounds that support our joints.
- Broth gives support to our immune system by keeping our gut healthy and its amino acids help reduce inflammation.
- One of the amino acids, glycine, is important for DNA and RNA synthesis and digestive health.
- Another one, arginine, helps promote healthy kidney function
Bone broth is conventionally used as a soup or a base for soup. You can try it some other ways though: with stew, gravy, sauce, and with vegetables in it for additional nutrients. You may also dehydrate it to make your own broth powder.
Transform-ACTion: Well this week’s Transform-ACTion is to cook a batch of bone broth and include it on your meals. If you’re not sure how or don’t want to, that’s alright, since there are now other places you can buy it. Below are some recipes to get you started:
Have you made or tasted broth previously? Are you in on this Transform-ACTion with us? If so, comment or share ways you’ve used bone broth!
P.S. If it’s been too long or you haven’t had a chance to try our Passion Barre classes yet, we’d love to host you. Freedom and the sweet after burn has been spreading like a wildfire since we introduced Rancho Cucamonga to the barre! Your first trial class is only $15, or you have the option to try 3 Classes for $30 – and we’ll be donating a portion of that to our partners who rescue women and children from human trafficking, so click here to reserve.
In Southern California, we serve Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Fontana, Ontario, Claremont, Montclair, Corona, Eastvale, Mira Loma, Riverside, Pomona and other surrounding cities. See you at the Barre.